This two-day course will familiarize individuals with the requirements for Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) Foundation Certification, including the nine core skill areas of technical communication, topics included in the certification exam, the certification test format, and sample questions.
Students may take the CPTC Foundation Certification exam Friday afternoon, at the conclusion of the course. The exam fee is included in the course registration cost. Students also have the option of attempting the exam online up to a year later.
We recommend that students purchase and study the CPTC body of knowledge textbook, Technical Communication Today, 5th edition, by Richard Johnson-Sheehan, before attending the course.
Join the STC for an open discussion about the Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) program.
The course includes:
- – Two full days of live, online instruction in CPTC Foundation technical communication concepts.
- – One sitting of the CPTC Foundation-level Certification exam.
- – You may take the CPTC Foundation exam in person the afternoon of the second day, or up to a year later online.
Instructor Bio: Alan Houser
Alan Houser is a past STC President, STC Fellow, and a CTT+ Certified Technical Trainer. Houser holds the CPTC Foundation-level Certification. Houser provides technical communication training and consulting services through his company, Group Wellesley, Inc.
December 7th and December 8th, 2017
STC members: $1,300.00 CAD
STC non-members: $1,1600 CAD
3 or more from same company: 15% discount
Payment due at time of registration
Change student: no charge, up to 48 hours before event
Cancel up to 7 days before the event: No Refunds
• We will run the course with 3 or more students.
• We will confirm the course no later than 2 weeks before the event.
• If you take the course and do not pass the exam, we will pay half of the cost of an exam re-take for STC members (1/2 of $250 USD).